Current relief effort: Hurricane Harvey, Texas
To our Sleep Health App users:
As you well know, Hurricane Harvey has devastated Houston, TX and its surrounding areas and is currently blazing a new path toward communities to the east in Louisiana.
The fourth largest US city is home to thousands of CPAP users. The American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA) is prepared to provide replacement PAP therapy via its CPAP Assistance Program (CAP) to any sleep apnea patients who have lost their equipment in the aftermath of the storm.
Contact us so that we can arrange for you to receive a new or gently used machine; we will waive your $100 application fee for the device or your $25.00 application fee for a mask.
We still need a completed application, along with a copy of your prescription, in order to distribute durable medical equipment. These items can be sent to us via fax at 888-293-3650, emailed to email@example.com, or sent by regular mail to: ASAA, 524 Craig Ave, Tracy, MN 56175.
- You can find the application information here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4621033
Are you a medical professional at an emergency clinic or shelter in Texas?
If you need to locate PAP machines and supplies to treat evacuated patients, please call us directly about your needs at 888-293-3650 or email us at . We can bulk send PAP machines and masks directly to you for on-the-spot dissemination.
How long is this offer of relief valid, and who is eligible to receive PAP equipment?
The ASAA is dedicated to helping all that we can. This relief will be available through the recovery of Hurricane Harvey or while supplies last. We are actively seeking donations of new and gently used equipment so that we can help meet what might be an ongoing need.
Any sleep apnea patient that has a prescription and completes an application in the following areas (all locations are in Texas) qualifies for receipt of replacement equipment:
Alvin, Anahuac, Austwell, Bayside, Baytown, Beeville, Brazoria, Channelview, Clute, Conroe, Cove, Cuero, Dayton, Deer Park, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galveston, Goliad, Goodrich, Guadalupe, High Island, Highlands, Houston, Hungerford, Katy, La Porte, League City, Liberty, Livingston, Matagorda, McFaddin, Midfield, Missouri City, Mont Belvieu, Pasadena, Pearland, Placedo, Rosenberg, Seabrook, Spring, Stafford, Stowell, Sugar Land, Texas City, Tivoli, Wadsworth, Wallisville, Wharton, Winnie, Woodville, and other surrounding areas.
Thank you! We are thrilled to learn that both sleep health professionals and patients worldwide are donating to the cause! We encourage you to help in several ways:
- We are currently accepting donations of gently used PAP devices that include CPAP, AutoPAP or Bi-level. Machines that have under 6,000 hours and come from smoke-free homes will be accepted and provided to those in need.
- You can also make monetary donations at https://donate.sleephealth.org/fundraise?fcid=1076104 which help support warehousing, shipping and handling of PAP equipment available specifically for those in need.
- Sleep technologists and other healthcare professionals who are safe but living in adjacent areas are encouraged to contact us if they wish to help volunteer time in order to help transport equipment or serve other critical functions so that we can reunite PAP patients with their therapies.
Please share this information widely with loved ones, coworkers, and organizations you trust so that people in need of critical PAP therapy can be united with the equipment they need to maintain their current health.
- Phone or FAX: 888-293-3650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surface mail: ASAA, 524 Craig Ave, Tracy, MN 56175
- Application form link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4621033
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sleepapneaorg (@sleepapneaorg)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sleepapneaorg