Remember to complete your SleepHealth surveys. Each one is extremely important and will only take a couple minutes.
The more information you provide, the more we will be able to share back with you and the more you will help our research.
Are You a Healthy Sleeper?
Diet and exercise are part of a healthy lifestyle. So is sleep. The problem is, too many people think that sleep is something they can give up to get more things done.
As many as 70 million adults may be putting themselves at risk for injury, health and emotional problems because they aren’t getting the sleep they need.
They are more likely to feel tired and lack energy, have memory and concentration difficulties, and become irritable in stressful situations. They also may be increasing their
risk for high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, depression
- If this sounds like you, here are some tips for healthy sleep:
- Sleep enough to feel well rested every day.
- Reduce caffeine, nicotine and alcohol intake, particularly before bedtime
- Don’t eat or drink too much close to bedtime.
- Exercise regularly and at least a few hours before bedtime.
- Use relaxing bedtime rituals.
- Keep your bedroom cool, quiet and dark.